The goal of our Community Solar Programs is to replace big energy with community power and the response we have received from the Geelong region has been amazing! Over 180 local households have already signed up for the solar lifestyle via the Geelong Community Solar Program and more are coming in every day!
This amazing response is great news because it will empower us to make the Community Energy future a reality much sooner than anticipated.
Not sure what Community Energy is all about? It basically means two things:
1. You can earn extra money from your home battery by allowing the grid to use your battery power to
support the grid during peak energy times.
2. You can share your power with people in your community via peer-to-peer energy sharing. We'll link up households fitted with solar and battery technology in one virtual community, allowing you to generate, store and share power amongst each other.
Working closely with the Community Groups that have supported us from the start, we are in active discussions with multiple technology providers and electricity companies to negotiate the best way to build Geelong's Community Energy future. A future where locally generated renewable energy is affordable for everyone, and control is shifted from Big Energy to individuals and communities.
If you want to be amongst the first in Australia to benefit from this model, the first step is to get on board with the Geelong Community Solar Program!
The Geelong Community Solar Program presents some very exciting opportunities for households in the region. In addition to cutting individual energy bills by up to 90%, homeowners will be able to get additional benefit from being a part of the virtual power plant and being able to buy, sell, or share their extra power with their neighbours down the track.
Due to popular demand, we have extended the deadline to place
orders to Saturday 28 July for Geelong Community Solar Program.
As part of the program, residents of Geelong and surrounding suburbs receive exclusive access to new and innovative approaches to household solar, including:
1. Exclusive bulk-buy deals on solar and battery systems - A new approach to lowering the price of
top quality solar. When the community invests together, everyone benefits.
2. Interactive energy dashboard - All systems come with an interactive energy dashboard which shows the solar power produced, battery information and home energy use.
3. Community Energy compatibility - All panel and battery systems will be compatible virtual power plants and local energy sharing platform.
We are incredibly grateful for the ongoing support of community partners; Geelong Sustainability, The Colac Otway Sustainability Group, Surf Coast Energy Group, Scouts Victoria and 100% Clean Bellarine. We also thank the City of Greater Geelong, Colac Otway Shire and Golden Plains Shire for getting behind the Geelong Community Solar Program.
Interested in finding out more about Geelong's community energy future? Register your interest now!